Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thinking about the Final Project

1. what do I want to remember from the conversations I just had?
I think that at this point everyone is sort of at the same point with this project of just trying to get going, so the main thing that I would like to take out of the thoughts from others is the idea that the piece should be somewhat interactive and should not just show viewers something but make them feel something and THINK!
2. How will my final piece be?
At this point I am only entertaining ideas for the project and I am not set in stone on any particular idea but I would like to use the idea of allowing people interact with my piece and to really end up thinking about the piece for some time to come. I would like to use a great deal of words-a possibly long poem or fragmented poem and some use of decorative, yet meaningful backdrops/pictures to add to the overall theme of the piece.

3. How will your writing not be the illustration of my words?
I am currently processing the idea of my piece being a sort of reflection on society and being a piece that is inspired by others and the lives of people I may or may not know.  I think that I may be able to sort of create a piece that moves and that is sort of fractured in the sense that I can begin the piece, put it down and pick it back up again many times while adding knew phrases and thoughts each time that are connected through the animating options of flash but are also somewhat fractured because they are all inspired from different people and events that I cross over a period of time.

Lastly, I would really like to make a piece that forms itself and that makes viewers think about their lives and their thoughts and writing.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I am glad you are working toward a piece that encourages readers/viewers to reflect. And I am glad you are thinking of it through "fractures." It will be a challenge to make those two goals play well together, but you are capable of it. I look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete