Thursday, November 18, 2010

analysis for short project

1. WHat did I learn? about the possibilities of animated writing.
I would say that i learned a lot about my opportunities to create something artistic and lovely through flash without being an artistic genius. I have also learned a great deal about what sort of poetic and meaningful messages can be transmitted through the use of animated writing and flash from other projects and my own piece on my love for starbucks. I think that this project has opened new windows for my knowledge and confidence in working with flash to create pieces that mean something to me and also to everyone else who views the piece.

2. What would you polish/change if you had a few more days to work on the piece?
I think that if I had a few more days to polish up the piece and enhance it's meaning and quality I would love to incorporate a picture of actual coffee/espresso beans and to possibly have the spilling cup do more for the overall meaning of the piece. I my project were to be longer I think that it would need to have more meaning and influence on the observers to keep them interested and intrigued. Other than that, I am very pleased with my simple, sweet Starbucks loving piece.

3. If you were to start over from scratch what would be done differently?
If I were to start this process over and create a new draft of a short project I would again, try to incorporate coffee beans and more pictures into the piece. I would also have the phrases and ingredients pop out to the readers a little bit more for a stronger and more infuential piece.  Really driving home the passion for coffee and lattes and Starbucks in particular, because I am sure many people have similar coffee passions as I do, whether for caffeine, substance or for pure pleasure of enjoying to aromas, people LOVE coffee and I love Starbucks!

1 comment:

  1. I write this response while sitting in an Alterra, so it is fun to look at your piece and think about it with the smell of roasting beans all around me.

    I particularly like the thinking you do about the possibilities of animating, Rachel, and am happy to hear that this project helped you be more confident with Flash.

    ReplyDelete