Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Confusion in Simmon Biggs....................................................

I am still lost in translation with Biggs article but pulling from the two short paragraphs as instructed, I can sort of begin to understand what he is getting at. I think that art is in existence for expression and passion to be displayed for the world around us. I do sort of agree that art is basically a disjointing of regularity and of the common way. There are more than a handful of genres and forms of art but really they all seem to be for the same underlying purpose. THis posting is not art-it is not set to emotionally or theoretically move anyone. I think that art is really the process of stepping outside of the regular boudaries, and showing the world what we know and how we feel. All processes of art are with intentions to step away from the norm and to put a disjointed blurt into the regularity of the society that people know so well.

Further, people often become different and sprout from differentiation in the world because of outside forces like art and commnication and literature. I think that creativity and art very well set people apart from each other in that people are really just so different and unique in their own manners.There are many forces that push and pull individuals to become who they are and I think that society would be very well different and terribly jointed if these differentiations were not made in clear ways.

1 comment:

  1. I am curious about your final sentence: "There are many forces that push and pull individuals to become who they are and I think that society would be very well different and terribly jointed if these differentiations were not made in clear ways."

    In the preceding sentences, it sounds as though you think differentiation is important and worthwhile, but I am not clear on what you then mean in your last sentence, where you make it sound as though being "very well different" is NOT good (because it is paired with "terribly jointed").

    I also am unclear what you mean by differentiations being made in clear ways. Can you say a bit more about this?

    ReplyDelete